We all know that the Real Estate business doesn’t always come with a steady income. You have probably gotten accustomed to waiting … and waiting … and waiting for your commission — UNLESS, like many successful agents, you decide to take control of your cash flow by using a commission advance company.
There are plenty of commission advance options out there, but they are not all created equal. If you have thought about getting advances on your commissions, but aren’t sure where to start, we can help break it down. Before you type the words into that search bar, make sure to look for these 6 things:
1. Short Wait Time – The point is not waiting to get paid, right? If you’re considering going with a company that takes longer than 24 hours to process your advance, take them out of the running. You have a business to expand and no time to waste! Advanced Commission gets your money to you in as little as 12 hours.
2. No Hidden Fees – This should be a no-brainer. You don’t want to be halfway through your application, when suddenly a “processing fee” or “credit check fee” shows up. The company should be 100% transparent about how much the fee is, so there are no surprises down the road.
3. Online Automation – Do people even have fax machines anymore? If a company asks you to fax anything, move on to someone else. Your entire process can and should be completed online — from application to repayment. It should be easy and hassle-free. After all, we are talking about getting money you’ve already earned!
4. No Minimum, BIG Maximum – Getting ahead of your expenses should involve very few restrictions. Don’t let anyone tell you how much you need. It’s your money and your business! If the company you find won’t advance you more than $15,000, they obviously can’t handle your rock-star status.
5. Extra Perks – Life is too short to accept the bare minimum. The company you choose for your commission advances should offer rewards, specials, referral incentives, or other bonuses that make your life easier and make you feel appreciated. Advanced Commission offers a loyalty program that rewards, a referral program that pays, and valuable business development content to help agents dominate their markets. Those are some perks you can get excited about!
6. Real Live People – Everyone knows how it feels when you have a simple question, but cannot get through to a live person. At Advanced Commission, you’ll come to know our staff by name. There’s nothing that makes us happier than creating lasting relationships with successful real estate agents. We’ll be there for you if you have any questions about the process.
The bottom line is, choose a company that takes their service and your experience seriously. It should be easy to get your commission early, and it definitely should not be stressful. Commission advances are essential to keeping deals flowing and business booming — that’s all there is to it. When you are ready to access your commission, you can be sure that Advanced Commission will hit all 6 of these marks, and maybe a few more.